Echoes

Monday, September 29, 2003

Well, a motley of things!!


Finally done with bugging coding, I hope to regain some sanity and see some english in the coming updates! Well, what to say?? Life has become one Big Boring Routine! With little to look forward to on the morrow, each day wears on with such excruciatingly painful torpidity that I feel the urge to do something truly outrageous to get out of this tedium, like walking around naked in the full office view or occasionally stand on the desk and do a rock concert show or some such relieving act!

And I'm off to my homeplace, a coastal town/city, for the 4-day vacation of Dusshera. Looking back, gone are the days when a vacation used to be a vacation - a deserved haul of holidays, numbering no less than 20! Is this the price one has to pay for the adulthood??? I stongly believe that every kid has to be given a choice of either going ahead to be an adulthood -- which promises a lot in terms of enjoyment and adventure, or to stay the same -- with its pristine innocence, endless happiness and what more loooong holidays, for the rest of the life! I know it is a difficult decision to make, but given a chance, I would doubtless opt for the latter, and I'm sure most of the disillusioned chaps like myself would do the same. But I'm not in anyway seeking to undermine the advantages of youth. For someone like me, who has not taken advantage of these 'advantages' and who has no hope of doing so for at least the next few years, youth still remains a mirage, forever tantalising and eluding!

Thought for the day:
(Excuse me if the following thoughts do not exactly qualify to be put under the above title, but these are strictly meant for my private purpose :))

Anyone who has been in my acquaintance through mails would easily observe that my vocabulary is somewhat archaic and the sentences tend to be laborious and ostentatious. And plummies among them would readily see the Master's influence on my language. But I do not, in any way, claim to be good at, in the least, imitating him. Need to develop my overall language and especially improve upon my choice of words!

Well that's it for today! Good day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home