Echoes

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Dreams in Reality.....OR......Reality in Dreams?

Well, this stuff has harassed me for quite some time but couldn't get around to venting it out before, and here is my chance to finally get this thing off my chest. After a fitful sleep in the bus on my homeward journey I made last week, I dozed off to a peaceful 3 hour nap on a bed at home in the early hours of the morning. And please blame these 3 hours for the crap that follows.

Amisha Patel, a beautiful bollywood belle, was walking towards me, in fact, wading through a mist of heavenly translucence. She was in dazzling white cloth, the ends of which are flowing from her sides in the slight breeze, quite complementing the fair glow of her skin. And we held our hands and her beautiful face was so close to mine that I could feel the warmth of her breath, hear her soft heartbeat. It felt so real! Eventually we 'met' in that divine union for which the Nature has a dichotomy of sexes. And the pleasure was so intense that the ejaculation brought me back to the 'real' world!

Don't think those were the ravings of a pervert mind (though they in fact are!). I have no intention of propagandizing my sexual fantasies. My point was to highlight the subtle and intriguing nature of our brain in conjuring up things, that otherwise are quite impossible in real or physical world. Myself sharing bed with the said Patel is as probable as Bill Gates giving up all his money for a hermit life. But in the dream, I've experienced every possible sensual pleasure as can be experienced in a physical intercourse - the touch, the sound, the warmth, which culminated in an orgasmic ejaculation, which I believe is testimonial to the irrelevance of tangibility when it comes to senses.

When our human brain is capable of simulating extremes of pleasure, sexual or otherwise, without any physical stimulation whatsoever, can it do the same with other emotions? I think it can simulate stress, worry as is evident from sweating of some people while sleeping. What about grief? I haven't heard of tears in sleeping people? But all in all, this poses some uncomfortable questions. Can a human brain make the physical world ineffectual? Come to think of it, Matrix is not such bad hypothesis, after all, is it? Rearing fields of babies connected through various tubes with disgusting fluids passing through them is not my idea of a bright future!

Any comments on my thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home