Echoes

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Redemption

Ahh! The old pest is back! All the impressions of this new place will have to wait. The thing foremost in my mind is Shawshank Redemption. Having the seen the movie with subtitles on (shame! shame! but damn these fellows swallow half the words), I've realized why cveejiehe has gone to such great pains to make me see it. Thanks once again mama! I'll, over the next few days, post some of my favourite dialogues of the movie (oddly enough they reflect my mood too!)

... and when they put you in that cell, when those bars slam home, that's when you know it's for real. Old life blown away in the blink of an eye... a long cold season in hell stretching out ahead...nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it.


I may want to change the last sentence to "nothing left, not even time to think about it."!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home