Echoes

Friday, June 04, 2004

Repentance


I'm seriously ruing my decision to take this career shift. I didn't know how Sonia felt when she gave up the PM's chair, but I am having hell of a time just thinking of giving up this plush chair and air-conditioned environs with cool work-schedule and lifestyle for the rigours of a (hell-reminding, suicide-inspiring) student life.

I've been quite alright with the idea of getting back to brown-once-white tshirts, chappals, shaggy face and all the other necessary qualities of an ideal student. But what I didn't bargain for is the 20 hours of slogging each day! Asking a software engineer, who btw has managed to add 5 kilos of fat to the already billowy portions of his waist and butt in a record short time, to slog his ass off for the whole day, discounting the sleep-eat-shit part, is nothing but ROYAL RAPING!! Isn't there some law in this country against that pastime? Or is it only for the fairer sex? Yes? Man, it's so unfair!

And the worst part is the seniors, apart from explaining in excruciating detail their nightmarish daily schedules, insisting that we will ENJOY our stay. ENJOY? Did I hear that right? Who do they think I am? Dudes, I'm not a goddam masochist though I now really wish I were. I suddenly feel like a sloth who, hitherto has been happily lunching on the tree-tops and generally doing things at its own pace, has been entered into 100m hurdles at the Olympics. I want my forest back! I want my trees back! I want my leaves back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home