Echoes

Monday, October 20, 2003


A Dreary Day

It has been raining outside for the past coupla hours and I'm stuck here in the office. My head is heavy and arms tired. Met some guys, whom I've known on the net, for first time in the afternoon and the lunch took the whole afternoon. When we stepped out of the restaurant, there it is - a torrential rain. Hiding behind my back all the while when I was outside, it attacked when I'm safely ensconced inside doing some pet-pooja. It took me one and half hours to traverse 15 kms from the restaurant to my office, moving forward whenever there was some respite and running for shelter when it broke loose.

To add salt to the wounds, our cricket team had managed to make a mess out (*once again*) of a good batting wicket. When everyone is expecting a Sri Lankan world record type knock out of a batter-friendly wicket, our batting tigers go out there and make a mockery of the 'strong' batting lineup! Following on disgracefully, we were reduced to 18/3, I heard. I couldn't bring myself to follow the scores online, but peeped into the result after the match and found that we've managed to eke out a draw, thanks mainly, again, to the stylish Laxman. Ahh, I just can't wait to see the Aussies having us for brunch, supper and dinner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home