Echoes

Monday, October 27, 2003


Still can't believe....

...that India won over Australie [urinating dog]* When I last saw the match, yesterday, before beginning my Haj back to this place, Hayden and Gilchrist, in particular, were making a mockery of our front-line bowlers. Scoring at more than 6 per over, they passed the 50 run mark quite early, IIRC, in 7th or 8th over itself. It was then that I packed my bags off to the rly station to catch my Air Force One just in time. Today, in the morning, as I alighted the bogey, I caught some words like "yesterday's match" drifting in the air. But I made a strong conscious effort to ignore them, even as I braced myself to read the Obituary in the sports page when I reach home. But, surprise! surprise! What greeted me on my arrival, is a large picture of Sachin at the end of his follow through of a patented straight drive, and the explanatory footnote! Ahh, what a relief!

And more good news. Indian government has finally decided to use the oft neglected brain part in decision making. What good did it achieve, suspending all cricketing ties for the past one and half year? Don't give me the "playing while the soldiers are dying" bull. Haven't the soldiers been sacrificed for the past 10 years? Ok, even if we agree that we've had our eyes covered with hide all the while and didn't realise the monstrosity of this moral blunder, then why ONLY cricket? Hockey, or any other sport, is not 'played' according to the BJP's dictionary? Playing with people's sensiblities has been a popular pastime of these right-wing hawks.

Hey, I ain't no expert on Foreign Policy, but, since even I can see such glaring inconsistency, I can't but feel sorry (for everyone at large)!

* - Can anyone tell me what "[urinating dog]" means? Clue is right here in the blog [urinating dog]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home