Echoes

Thursday, November 13, 2003


Learning To Fly

    .....

    Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky
    Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I


    ......

I don't what you'll call this, but did you ever get the feeling that whatever that wass happening with you was not right? I'm not sure if what I am is reallly what I want to be. I've always followed the exhortations of my parents and friends, not to mention innumerable relatives. Having elder cousins, who are good at studies and always leading the way can be bit painful, especially if you fail to follow their footsteps. I've one cousin who is right now in oosa and everytime I see any of those relatives, one question to be faced, often masked cleverly among others, will be "_______, why are you still here?". Of course, the fact that that guy out there is still jobless and has extended his MS is of no concern to them.

Leaving all that aside, my dad wants me to be a _A_, while I currently am a _B_. And shortly, if everything works out right, I propose to become a _C_! Though all these careers are quite good and lucrative, I can't see myself enjoying these jobs, say 10 years from now. And the most depressing part is that I still don't know what I want! Archealogy, Wild Life Photography or Astronomy - all of them are exotic and exciting, but I don't know even their basics.

God, I wish I know what I want, what I am good at, and importantly have the courage to pursue that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home