Echoes

Monday, February 16, 2004


Hang all the Saint's followers!

Darn all the followers of St. Valentine! Probably the old man meant good, but I propose to banish all the lovers of this world to the Fourth Dimension, or Hades or some such place.

Had an extraordinarily tiring day yesterday and so took a long ride to a quiet place far away from the city. It is a small lake with the road approaching it high from a cliff with lots of curves offering a nice view of the lake from its edge. I wanted a peaceful hour or two all to myself resting on my bike by the side of the road overlooking the lake, hopefully with nice evening breeze away from all the pollution. And what do I see when I reach the place? Loads and loads of couples nestling in the dark corners of the streets, whispering sweet nothings, or whatever crap they whisper, into each others' ears. Nary a centimeter space left on the whole stretch of the road. All my hopes of a peaceful evening out in the open air dashed to the rocks. And adding salt to my injuries are the happy, often giggling, faces of these blasted couples. They must be laughing at my helplessness, my complete failure, my sheer inability to pick up each one of them and throw them into the lake below!

Death to Love! (on the lines of Calvin's battlecry "Death to Oatmeal")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home