Echoes

Saturday, February 28, 2004


A Recommendation

I am not one who pours out free advice (FYI, consultation fee: $50 per hour), but I hope I'll be forgiven this time. I have been consciously avoiding listening to Roger Waters for some time now, though Floyd is one permanent fixture on my playlist. But after getting slightly monotonous, I tried out Waters few weeks back. Man, isn't he a genius! I found Amused To Death way above Radio K.A.O.S and Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking taking the album as a whole, but they too have some bright spots.

My suggestion is to listen to the whole album in one go and to have the complete effect, closet yourself in a nice, cosy dark room, put some high quality headphones on with full volume. I bought this CD about a week back and I still haven't had a chance to savour it that way, which I propose to remedy soon. True to his style, the songs are no more than conversations put to tune, but powerful ones nevertheless. Perfect companion on a gloomy evening when you are pissed off with the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home